PRISM Internal Medicine
PRISM Internal Medicine
Our Internal Medicine providers have intensive training in preventing, diagnosing and treating medical disorders in adults. They focus on the physical, emotional and social health of patients throughout their entire adult life.
New Patient Forms
Please call our office to schedule an appointment. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please try to give us at least 24 hours notice. We do charge a fee for all missed appointments that are not canceled ahead of time. If you miss an appointment for a complete physical exam, the fee is $50; any other missed appointment has a fee of $25.
- When calling for a prescription refill, please allow 48 hours for the request to be completed. Refill requests are sent to your provider for approval. If you are overdue for a visit to the office, your provider may require you to schedule an appointment before filling the prescription.
- Most prescriptions can be sent directly to your pharmacy. However, prescriptions for certain medications must be hand carried to the pharmacy, which will require you to come to the office to pick it up.
- Antibiotics generally will not be given over the phone. People with symptoms of sinus or respiratory infections should be examined. Please call to schedule an appointment, or visit an urgent care center if our offices are closed.
- After Hours – A provider is on call after regular business hours for urgent matters. Please call your providers office and follow the instructions to leave a message for the provider on call. If you need to be seen when our office is closed, please visit the DocNow Urgent Care Center on the first floor of the Wellpointe Building.
Antibiotics generally will not be given over the phone. People with symptoms of sinus or respiratory infections should be examined, which can be done by a doctor in an urgent care center.
Narcotic-containing medications CANNOT be given over the phone, or electronically prescribed, under any circumstance. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Tylenol #3 and #4
Benzodiazepines WILL NOT be given over the phone under any circumstance. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Klonopin (clonazepam)
- Ativan (lorazepam)
- Valium (diazepam)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Serax (oxazepam)
- Halcion (triazolam)
- Librium (chlordiazepoxide)
Coumadin and Prothrombin Time (PT, Protime, INR)
Patients who come to our office may only have their Protimes checked in one of two ways:
- By the Anti-Coagulation Management Services (AMS) run by Beaumont Hospitals. This service costs $60 per quarter (usually out of pocket) and is run by pharmacists at Beaumont Hospital. You will have your blood drawn at the hospital lab.
- In our office with management by our doctors. In this case, you must have the blood drawn in our office. We will not follow values drawn in outside labs, either at Beaumont or elsewhere.
The test in our office is performed by a fingerstick blood draw and a physician will make a decision on whether the value is adequate or the dose needs to be changed instantly. You may come in to have your INR checked at any time when the office is open. You do not need an appointment.
The physician you see may or may not be your regular doctor, but all the physicians in the practice are skilled in adjusting doses of Coumadin. You will be told when to return for another check before you leave.
When our offices are closed, we are on call to our patients via an after-hours messaging system. Please remember that prescription refills and test results are only handled during regular business hours. In the event of a medical emergency, dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency center.
Location & Hours
1701 South Blvd. E.
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Monday 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
(Urgent care 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm)
Thursday 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday 7:00 am – 12:00 pm